Submissions currently closed – Email to be notified when the submission process reopens.
Thrilled to announce an internship opportunity for one lucky photographer this summer, 2017.
Highly motivated person. 8-10 hours a week for approximately 2 months, preferably during the working week, based in San Antonio. The successful applicant must be over 21 with a proven interest in photography, specifically wedding photography. Be willing to work in the studio and on location with Philip Thomas.
You should be highly ambitious with the goal to put in hard work, be willing to learn, and love the craft of photography. The ideal candidate will be courteous, outgoing, personable, and trustworthy. Knowledge of macs preferred.
WHAT YOU MAY DO:
- On-location assisting and shooting: Some engagement or wedding observation and alongside as a third shooter/assistant.
- Marketing and advertising: Submissions to online wedding publications and social media.
- Studio Management: Learning about budgets and planning.
Digital Workflow: Editing a wedding from start to finish.
- Client meetings: Sitting in on client consultations
- The more important stuff: Learn to avoid mistakes and the running of wedding business.
WHERE: At my San Antonio studio and on locations. You must live locally.
WHEN: Submissions currently closed
WHY: Learn aspects of the wedding photography business in a hands-on environment. A structured environment will be provided. Oh, why me? I like to give back to the local SA community. I was there once. In your shoes. So, back to you.
This is your opportunity to learn the craft of wedding photography, a stepping stone for someone who wants their own business but is not quite sure how. The successful candidate may be able to secure a position as a second shooter or studio manager.
APPLY: Serious applicants send me an education summary, 5-10 pieces of your recent work, photography goals, and why you would like to be considered to [email protected]